Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
3D Almond Jelly Peach (rec n pic)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: 3D Almond Jelly Peach (rec n pic) Reply with quote

the 3D Peach mold is made of Silicone. It comes in Large and medium sizes and only sold at our Kitchen Capers Store.

The best jelly recipe to use is to use Agar-Agar Powder. Do not attempt to use Konnyaku Jelly powder as the texture is very soft and when you try to unmold from the silicone mold, the jelly will crumble/break.

This is the brand of Almond Jelly powder I use. You can get this from supermarket

Note that the Large mold uses 350g of jelly liquid while the medium mold uses 250g of jelly liquid. If you want to do 2 molds together, make sure the total jelly liquid(after melted), is about 700g. As you need to reserve some to make the green leaves.

Ingredients for Jelly
1 packet of Almond Jelly powder
500ml water

To make the green leaves
30g Almond Jelly liquid(boiled from above)
1 drop Pandan Paste

To make a glue to stick the leaves to the Peach
Stir till it melts
1 tsp Almond jelly powder*(use a teaspoon to remove 1 tsp of powder from the above)
2 tbsp warm water

To Stain the Peach
1 drop of Americolor Deep Pink or Electric Pink Colour
50g water

Method
1. Boil water with jelly powder till it melts, turn off the fire.
2. Place the molds on a tray so its easier to move it later.
3. Pour the jelly liquid into molds. pour into the molds.
4. Using a flat tray, reserve 30g of the jelly liquid and mix with pandan paste. Pour into the flat tray and let it sit till its set.
5. When the Peach jelly is set(press the centre white area to test--firm to the touch), run a finger into the mold and un-mold the jelly. It will slide out easily.
6. Rest the Peach on a plate.
7. Stain the peach by tapping a brush at the tip of the peach, the pink water will slide down naturally.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut leaf shapes from the green jelly.
9. Brush a layer of 'glue' on one of the leaf and paste it to the bottom of the front of the peach.

Chill before serving.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cold Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: