Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 am Post subject: Roast Curry Chicken (rec n pic)
|It was an anyhow do recipe for my Malay kaki(friends I have met at PPIS Bukit Batok). Just to show them how easy it was to Roast a chicken using flavours/spices they are familiar with. Baba's Curry Powder mix
Here's my tried and tested recipe.
Serves a family of 4
1 Whole Chicken (about 1.5kg)
Spice mix : Mixed to form a smooth paste
2 tbsp Curry Powder (mix your own flavours or get Baba's Brand for Meat Curry Spices Powder)
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Wash, clean the chicken, remove neck, legs. You can use the neck/legs to boil soup. Never throw away.
2. Massage the chicken by rubbing on the flesh, twisting and 'exercising' the thighs, wings.
3. Rub the spice paste inside the cavity and on the outside of the chicken.
4. Roast in oven set at 200C for 50 minutes.
5. Remove and cool, cut into smaller pieces.
Good on its own or with rice.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1