Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:29 am Post subject: Century Egg and Chicken Porridge (rec n pic)
The ones sold at Dim Sum restaurants are mashy and pale grey as the eggs are added in to cook and 'melt' with the porridge. I prefer to cook this way so the porridge is still 'white'.
Serves 4 persons
100g Calrose Rice(short grain rice)
100g Jasmine rice
2 litre chicken stock
400g chicken fillet(without skin)
salt to taste
2 century eggs(cut into smaller chunks)
1. Wash rice and soak in hot water and 2 tbsp of corn oil for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Heat up pot with chicken stock and add chicken fillet to cook till tender. Remove chicken fillet, and shred it by using fingers to pull it apart. Set aside.
3. Add rice to cook till its runny, soft. Set to medium heat for 20 minutes, then lower to simmer for another 30 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste, finally adding shredded chicken and century egg chunks.
5. Serve with chopped spring onions and fried onions, dash of pepper(optional) and sliced chilli (if you like it spicy).
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1