Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Puppy Paws Mini Sponge Cakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Sponge & Chiffon Cakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Puppy Paws Mini Sponge Cakes Reply with quote

these are by far, the cutest thing I have baked. and eaten.

Using a silicone mold we sell at KC stores, I wanted to see if the paw pad are baked and comes out nicely. and it works! yummy

You can use this recipe for other molds you have or even to bake straight into a regular round or square pan or just on cupcake liners.

Have fun..! I know I did.

Ingredients
4 eggs
150g fine sugar
100g cake flour(*I use the Blue Jacket Premium Cake Flour)

1 tsp of Cocoa Powder(dutch processed)

Method
1. Add eggs, sugar into the mixing bowl and whip till it triples in volume. Using KitchenAid mixer, I turn the speed to 4.
2. Turn the speed to 1, add flour and continue to whisk at speed 1 for 1 minute.
3. Turn off the mixer, using a spatula to do a 1 to 2 sweeps to the bottom of the mixer bowl.
4. Scoop out 50g of the batter and add the cocoa powder to stir in.
5. Place the silicone mold on a flat baking tray.
6. Put the cocoa batter into a piping bag, cut a tiny hole and pipe in a drop or 2 into the paw pads. If it doesn't cover the area , just a toothpick to push the cocoa batter. Do not attempt to pipe any more batter.

7. Now Pour the yellow batter into the center of the mold.
the batter will flow out from the center to the edges.

8. Slam the tray against the table to release any trapped air bubbles.

9. Baked in preheated oven set at 180C for only 10 minutes.
10. Remove and leave it to cool completely before removing from the mold.

Notes
This is an old recipe that was from my late granny. It was a Steamed Egg cake recipe which I wanted to try to bake it. My mom said it was delicious and she ate 4 puppy paws in one go.

You can store in the fridge for upto 3 days. As there are no chemicals used in baking, this doesn't keep long.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Sponge & Chiffon Cakes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: