Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm Post subject: Japanese Spinach Butter Cakes
|A spin off from the Pumpkin Cakes, I decided to try with the Japanese Spinach powder that I have in my stores.
Same recipe, different mould
Makes 12 Flowers and 8 Mini Spirals
200g Butter(salted, I used Elle et Vire Butter)
150g Fine sugar
25g Japanese Spinach Powder
220g Cake Flour(Blue Jacket Premium Cake Flour)
1. Put butter, sugar in a mixer bowl. Leave it out till the butter has soften.
2. Add eggs and continue to whisk at high speed until batter looks like buttercream.
3. Turn off the mixer, add flour and spinach powder and fold in till its evenly mixed.
4. Put the batter in a large piping bag and pipe into the molds.
5. Baked in preheated oven set at 195C and baked for 20 minutes.
Remove to cool before unmoulding. Once cooled, the cakes fall off the mould easily without much handling.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1