Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:08 am Post subject: Melting Moments
This recipe I had since 2004. It was NEVER published here at KC Forum. But many people have tried it. It was recipe given to me by my client. When I was doing computer data recovery work. I told her I started KC forum and was just starting out to learn to bake.
She gave me this recipe to try, she said its fail proof as you don't need special baking skills to bake this cookie. All you need is an oven. but she would not allow me to share the recipe online. Instead, I could baked this and sell it.
She has left Singapore and return home to USA to be with her family. She was also the first Jewish friend I made and have. It was also through her I understand the religion and its significance in society these days.
150g Plain flour
50g corn flour
70g butter, soften in room temperature (unsalted) **
50ml sunflower cooking oil
80g icing sugar
**Only in Singapore and Malaysia(I think), we have SCS Butter.
Don't use a strong buttery flavour butter like SCS, Lurpak or Golden Churn.
For this recipe, I use Elle et Vire unsalted Butter or President Butter.
My friend uses only President Butter.
1. Mix butter, sunflower oil together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add flour and icing sugar and fold in gently to a smooth dough
3. Roll out the dough to form small balls and place on a lined baking tray
4. Use a fork to press down surface of cookies lightly to form the characteristic pattern.
5. Bake in pre-heated 180C oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1