Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 am Post subject: Tau Sar Crystal Dumplings
Original recipe of the crystal dumpling came from my friend, Ms Irene Yip, Founder/owner/Culinary Teacher of Chef Secrets Cooking School.
here's the link to see the recipe
Makes 24 pcs
Ingredients for fillings
480g Tau Sar paste (store bought)
Method to prepare the filling
1. Divide the paste into 20g portions.
2. Wet your hands with corn oil and roll the portions into balls.
3. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Chill in the fridge until its ready for use.
Ingredients for dough
80g sweet potato flour
40g tapioca flour
120ml boiling hot water
1 tsp corn oil
Method for dough
1. In a mixing bowl, sieve and add the 2 flours together.
2. Add boiling hot water and oil and use a pair of chopsticks to stir it.
3. it will appear to be lumpy. the mixture should be a dirty grey colour.
4. Leave it to cool for a while before kneading into a smooth dough.
Method to assemble
1. Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Flatten each dough ball and roll into a round flat shape.
2. Add 20g of paste into the flatten dough and pick up the sides to seal it.
3. Steam in a steamer for 5 minutes. brush with oil to prevent it from sticking to each other.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1