Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:03 am Post subject: Yuzu Snow Skin Mooncakes(rec n pic)
|Yuzu Snow Skin Mooncakes
Recipe by Gina Choong
Yuzu snow skin Mooncakes. Filled with Passionfruit Lotus Paste(Kwong Cheong Thye)
Pandan Green and Strawberry Snow Skin Mooncakes.
Strawberry mooncakes had lotus paste mixed with Valrhona Crunchy Pearls. While the Pandan Green ones are just Durian Lotus Paste mixed with Melon Seeds
Makes 10 mini mooncakes(50g)
150g cooked glutinous rice flour (Kao Fen)
180g icing sugar
130g cold water
1.5 tbsp Yuzu Paste (about 20g)
350g Passionfruit Lotus Paste
If you want to add Valrhona Crunchy Pearls, go with a lotus paste that is plain and not flavoured.
1. Rub fat into flour & icing sugar
2. Add strawberry paste to the water and stir well.
3. Pour into the dry ingredients to form a dough of desired consistency.
4. Divide the dough into 20g each. Divide the paste into 30g each, roll into a ball for use later.
5. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin
6. place the paste into the center and pick up the sides to wrap up
7. Roll with your hands till its round
8. Press into mold, flatten the top, knock out from mold.
9. Chill before serving.
You can subsitute other flavours, pastes.
You can use cooled water but you need to rest the dough in the fridge.
To speed up the process, I used ICE COLD water. Means water from the fridge that is very cold, like ICE.
Depending on the mould you used, this recipe can make 10 mini mooncakes (50g type) or 6 big mooncakes (150g type)
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1