Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:24 am Post subject: FreezeDried Strawberries SnowSkin Mooncakes
|Freeze Dried Strawberries Snow Skin Mooncakes
Recipe by Gina Choong
Freeze Dried Strawberries Snow Skin Mooncakes. Filled with Durian Lotus Paste(Kwong Cheong Thye)
Using a Fan shaped mooncake plunger, I made it into these shapes.
using a blender, I added the whole bag of Freeze dried Strawberries to pulverized till its powdery.
This is the brand of Freeze Dried Strawberries I got.
Makes 10 mini Mooncakes(50g)
150g cooked glutinous rice flour (Kao Fen)
180g icing sugar
130g cold Fresh Milk
15g freeze dried strawberries(powdered)
350g Durian Lotus Paste
50g melon seeds
1. Rub fat into flour & icing sugar
2. Add strawberry powder with milk and stir well.
3. Pour into the dry ingredients to form a dough of desired consistency.
4. Divide the dough into 20g each. Divide the paste into 30g each, roll into a ball for use later.
5. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin
6. place the paste into the center and pick up the sides to wrap up
7. Roll with your hands till its round
8. Press into mold, flatten the top, knock out from mold.
9. Chill before serving.
Milk was used instead of cold water to mask the smell of the Kao Fen. As the freeze dried fruits does not have a strong flavour.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1