Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:36 am Post subject: Liquer Snowskin Mooncakes with Champagne Truffles
|Liquer Snowskin Mooncakes with Champagne Truffles
Recipe by Gina Choong
Makes 6 mooncakes(100g)
150g cooked glutinous rice flour (Kao Fen)
180g icing sugar
130g cold water
1.5 tbsp Myrtille Liquer* (about 20g)
360g Hong Kong White Lotus Paste (Kwong Cheong Thye)
10 pcs of Champagne Truffles
1. Rub fat into flour & icing sugar
2. Add liquer to the water and stir well.
3. Pour into the dry ingredients to form a dough of desired consistency.
4. Divide the dough into 20g each.
5. Divide the paste into 60g each, wrap each truffle ball into the center and roll with your palms till its evenly shaped.
6. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin
7. place the paste into the center and pick up the sides to wrap up
8. Roll with your hands till its round
9. Press into mold, flatten the top, knock out from mold or push out from a plunger tool.
10. Chill before serving.
Mooncake Truffles are available from my store : Kitchen Capers.
Myrtille Liquer is also available from my store : Kitchen Capers. Myrtille Liquer is actually Blueberry Liquer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1