Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:30 pm Post subject: Prune Cake(rec n pic)
There are possibly thousands of recipes out there..but today this is mine to show out. Sugar has been grossly reduced as the preserved Prunes are sweetened..
I was being adventurous today and used all the fancy ingredients from our KC stores.
250g Butter(salted) I use President
100g Fine sugar
200g All Purpose Flour(now I only have Blue Jacket's Premium Plain Flour)
100g Preserved prunes(Del Monte's are nice too, although today I used the ones from Vienna)
1. Add butter, sugar in a mixer and whip till it turns pale yellowish white. (*Kitchen Aid mixer Speed 3)
2. Add eggs and continue to whip till it looks buttercream state.
3. Lower the speed to 2, add prunes, whip till well combined. About 2 minutes.
4. Finally add flour and continue to whisk (about 1 minute) till well combined.
5. Stop the mixer and pour into desired cake pans.
I use the tube pan. You can bake this in a cupcake liner or loaf pan, round pan, square pan or even a train shaped silicone tray.
6. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 45 mins*
*If you use a cake pan, its at least 45 mins.
If you use a cupcake liner, its 20 minutes max!
Once baked, remove from oven to cool. Best to serve this a day later..so the cake does its magic inside.
I used only salted butter for baking cakes as it mellows down the sweetness from the fruits used. I don't use baking powder, soda powder etc. Or even flavouring...this is all natural.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1