Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
A Bread to remember Pa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: A Bread to remember Pa Reply with quote

My dad passed away peacefully this 17th November 2015. As Pa was someone who live to eat, and he loves family meal times, I baked this bread on the 18th November 2015, and brought it to the wake to be shared with family and closed friends.

As I had to leave the house by 9:15am, I woke up at 7:30am. The morning was cool and in all my days of bread making, the coolest of the air means a hindrance in letting bread dough rise effectively. So I said a prayer to God, asking Him to bless this bread. So I can bake it in time.

Our God is an AWESOME GOD! The bread dough proved in 10 minutes flat..usually that takes a good 45 to 60 minutes on a cooled day.

So thus, I dedicated this special loaf to God and to Pa.

Ingredients
400g Bread Flour(I used Blue Jacket's Premium Bread Flour)
1 tsp salt

200ml lukewarm water
1 tsp instant yeast (about 7g)
2 tsp sugar

1 egg
60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Method
1. Place flour, salt in a mixing bowl, giving a good stir to mix evenly.
2. In a bowl, add lukewarm water, sugar and stir till the sugar has melted. Sprinkle yeast on top and leave it aside for 5 mins. The yeast will foam in the bowl. Means its ready for use.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in yeast water.
4. Using a spatula, slowly mix in flour with the yeast.
5. Lightly whip egg with oil and pour over the flour mix and slowly knead till it forms into light and sticky dough.
6. For this bread, I oiled a rectangular tin and added flour too. So the bread will not stick to the pan.
7. Divide the dough into 60g balls and place it inside the pan.
8. Leave it to prove for at least 45 minutes or when its doubled in size**
**mine took only 10 minutes because God came into my house and help me with it. **

9. Spray some water over the top and sprinkle white sesame seeds over.
10. Baked in preheated oven 220C for 25 minutes.
11. Remove while its hot from the oven, brush salted melted butter over the top.
12. Remove from pan once its cooled.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: