Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 am Post subject: Lor Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken)
250 g glutinous rice(also known as sticky rice)
10 pcs preserved chinese mushrooms
1 cm young ginger, sliced thinly
2 pcs of chicken thigh meat(boneless, cut into mini chunks)
8 salted eggs(retain only the yolks, discard the egg white)
Marinate sauce for chicken:
3 tbsp Oyster sauce
3 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
Preparation before cooking:
1. Soak rice for at least 4 hours. Wash and drain, set aside.
2. Soak preserved mushrooms till soft, cut away stems.
3. Marinate chicken chunks with sauce for 10 mins.
4. Boil water and add salted yolks to cook for 5 mins. Drained well.
Method to cook
1. Heat up wok with 3 tbsp cooking oil and add ginger slices to fry till fragrant.
2. Add chicken, mushrooms and stir fry till chicken is cooked.
3. Remove chicken, mushrooms and leave the gravy residue in the wok.
4. Add washed rice to stir fry over high heat for 3 mins. Until the rice soaks up all the gravy.
5. Remove to cool.
6. Place 1 mushroom, a few pieces of chicken chunks, and a salted yolk on the bottom of a small bowl and pile on top of the rice.
7. Repeat process till all the ingredients are used.
8. Steam over high heat for 30 mins.
9. Remove and flip over on a plate to serve with chilli sauce.
This dish is best eaten warmed. Re-steam if needed. Can be kept in the fridge for 2 to 3 days, just steam for 5 minutes to re heat.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1