Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:39 am Post subject: Seafood Pasta and Cheese Casserole
|Actually, I have no idea what this is called. But its something I used to cook and make often when our girls are in their teens. When they have friends over for studies or even sleep-overs. Teens loved Cheese, Pasta so this is easier to feed them with.
Made this again because I was too lazy to cook a 3 Veg 1 Soup chinese meal.
300g Penne pasta
4 pcs Large Portobello mushroom, sliced
1 medium brown onion
1 large squid, cut into rings
10 pcs Tiger prawns(remove heads, shells, devein)
30g salted butter
Herb mix : I used Dried ones. If you use fresh herbs, used only a pinch as fresh herbs are more intense in flavour.
1 tsp dill
1 tsp parsley
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp Coarsely ground Black peppercorns
To be used later..
100g Cheddar Cheese(shredded)
200g Mozzarella Cheese (shedded)
1. Cook Penne pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt. About 10 to 15 minutes..Then drained and briefly rinsed in tap water. Drained again.
2. Heat up pan with butter and add chopped onions to saute.
3. Add seafood in and fry for a while. Add herbs mix and stir till well combined.
4. Turn off the heat and add pasta in to give it a good stir.
5. Place all the pasta/seafood into a large casserole dish, line the top with sliced Portobello mushroom and top it up with Cheeses.
6. Baked in preheated oven 200C for 20 minutes or until cheese have melted and turn golden brown.
SERVE like NOW!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1