Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 am Post subject: Chocolate Marble Cake
Yields 2 loaf tins(7 inch by 3 inch)
250g butter (I used President Salted Butter)
120g Couverture Dark Chocolate (I used Valrhona Guanaja 70%)
150g fine sugar
250g Blue Jacket Plain flour
4 large eggs (60g per egg minus the shell)
120 ml full cream milk
1. Heat milk in a sauce pot till warm. Remove from the fire, add chocolates in and stir with a spatula till its melted. Set aside.
2. Add butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat till light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time to beat and mix evenly.
4. Add flour to mix till it forms into a smooth batter.
5. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
6. Add melted chocolate into one portion to mix till it turns brown colour.
7. Pour the white batter into the loaf tin till halfway.
8. Scoop half of chocolate batter into the half-filled loaf tin.
9. Pour remaining white batter on top of the chocolate batter.
10. Bake in preheated oven 190 C for 40 mins or until a skewer stick that is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven to cool completely before slicing.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1