Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:30 am Post subject: Marinara Saffron Bread
|the day after, it was sliced and pan fry in a pan with butter. Served warmed and dipped into Beef minced pasta sauce..!
same bread but can be made into different shapes.
The round buns had cheddar cheese shredded and sprinkled on before baking.
The mini loaf buns was just herb butter applied on and baked
getting ready with all the ingredients
500g Bread Flour(I used Blue Jacket's Premium Bread Flour)
1 tsp salt
220ml lukewarm water
1 tsp instant yeast (about 7g)
2 tsp sugar
Mixed Together in a small bowl
60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
60g marinara sauce(if not, just use Pasta sauce from a bottle!)
pinch of saffron shreds(mixed this into the oil)
1. Place flour, salt in a mixing bowl, giving a good stir to mix evenly.
2. In a bowl, add lukewarm water, sugar and stir till the sugar has melted. Sprinkle yeast on top and leave it aside for 5 mins. The yeast will foam in the bowl. Means its ready for use.
This is how it looks like..bubbles on the top may appear.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in yeast water.
4. Using a spatula, slowly mix in flour with the yeast.
5. Pour marinara+oil+saffron into the flour mix and slowly knead till it forms into light and sticky dough.
6. Leave it to rise or double in volume before shaping it.
7. After its risen/doubled in size, remove and shape and place into desired loaf pans, cake tins.
8. Leave it to prove for at least 45 minutes or when its doubled in size
9. Cover the dough with a damp cloth.
For the mini loaves, I brush a layer of herb butter on top.
For the round buns, I sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese.
10. Baked in preheated oven 220C for 25 minutes.
11. Remove to cool and serve as you like it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1