Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:56 am Post subject: Tau You Bak aka Black Sauce Pork Belly
|One of my mom's favourite dishes.
300 g pork belly(cut into thick strips)
1 tbsp garlic(chopped)
1 cm young ginger(thinly sliced)
optional , omit if you prefer it without the spice!
1 to 2 pcs of chilli padi(bird's eye chilli)
3 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Blanch pork belly in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat up wok with corn oil and add garlic and ginger to saute till fragrant.
3. Add partially cooked pork to the wok and fry.
4. Turn up the heat and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in sauce and stir fry quickly to mix evenly.
6. Dish out and serve and garnish of sliced chilli padi.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1