Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Salted Egg Cookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> C is for Cookie!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Salted Egg Cookies Reply with quote

Salted Egg Cookies. I made these yesterday as our stores sells the Salted Yolk Powder from Knorr.

I googled and found so many recipes out there. And I didn't know which one works or not, so I improvised and used my own Melting Moments Cookie recipe and tweaked the ingredients to include the powder. Here's how I did it.

Salted Egg Cookies
Recipe
by Gina Choong

Ingredients
150g Cake Flour
30g Plain Flour
80g fine sugar
65g Salted Yolk Powder
125g Salted Butter

1 egg yolk : for brushing on top
Sesame seeds (2 tbsp) for sprinkling on top

Method
1. Add flour, sugar and salted yolk powder to mix.
2. Add softened butter and rub in till it comes together as a dough.
3. Sandwiched the dough on 2 pieces of baking parchment paper and roll it out. * this prevents the dough to stick on the table and easier to remove after its cut
4. Roll out the dough to 4 mm thickness. Cut out using any shape of cookie cutter you have or preferred.
5. Lined a baking tray with parchment paper and place each piece on top.
6. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
7. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 10 minutes.
8. Cool before storing.

My notes:
I mixed Cake Flour with Plain Flour to give the cookie a melt in the mouth sensation. The Plain flour helps to keep it together and holding it in place.

If the dough appears crumbly, you may add 1 tsp of cold milk to bring it together. However, do limit that addition of cold milk.

As our local weather is very warm, I prefer to store it in the fridge/chiller for 10 minutes before working on it.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> C is for Cookie! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: