Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:28 pm Post subject: Garlic and Seaweed Butter Bread
|I am going crazy lately with my bread making. So addictive with these breads as it smells so nice when the butter burns and crisp up the chopped garlic. With an added touch, I added a creamy Brie in the centre of all the bread before sending it to the oven.
All the photos shown here are the same recipe. Its just that I had it shaped differently.
Into an olive shape
This M shaped is cause by running a bread lame(knife) over the center top during proving and spreading the garlic herb butter in the grove. The butter mix weighs down the bread during baking, thus causing this unique M shape.
For my morning breakfast with Orange marmalade.
Makes 1 loaf and 9 buns
500g Bread Flour(I use Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
1 tsp sea salt flakes(Maldon Sea Salt Flakes)
60g Butter(salted, softened in room temperture)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
200ml hot water
120ml Fresh Milk(cold milk from the fridge)
1.5 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
3 tbsp fine sugar
60g salted butter(softened in room temperature)
30g chopped seaweed
30g chopped garlic
1 tsp Sea salt flakes
1. In a cup add sugar to the hot water to stir till sugar melts. Then add cold milk to stir.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the top and stir it in. Leave it aside for 5 minutes or until it foams.
3. In a mixer, add flour and salt and whisk awhile to mix it evenly.
4. using a dough hook, turn on the mixer and slowly pour in the yeast mixture.
5. Slowly pour in the olive oil and let the machine knead for 2 minutes
6. Lastly add the butter and continue to knead till the dough leaves the sides of the bowl without sticking.
7. Wet your the palms of your hands with olive oil and work the dough on the table to form 60g balls of dough for buns. The remaining dough will be shaped into a long tube for the loaf pan.
8. Greased the loaf pan with oil and dusted with flour. And place the dough into the centre of the pan.
9. Spray the top with water and leave it aside in a warmed place to prove for at least 45 minutes. It should double in size.
Spread a spoonful of Garlic/Herbs/Salted Butter over the top after its doubled in size
Shaped into oval shaped, then scored on top and leaving aside to prove
Once its doubled in size, I added all the garlic herb mix in the groves of the cut. Then off to the oven.
10. Baked in a preheated oven set at 190C for 40 minutes.*
* for the buns, baked for only 20 minutes, then remove from oven to cool.
11. Remove to cool completely before slicing.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1