Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:31 pm Post subject: Pulut Tai Tai
|Pulut Tai Tai
Recipe by Gina Choong
300 g White Glutinous Rice
400ml coconut milk
10g of Bunga Telang (the bluepea flower)
1/4 tsp salt
4 pcs pandan leaves
1. Soak rice for 4 hours. Wash and drain.
2. Add coconut milk, pandan leaves to the rice and steam over high heat for 10 mins.
3. add flowers into a bowl of water.
4. Pound it and squeeze out all the juice.
5. After steaming, remove 1/4 of the rice and add the blue juice to mix.
6. Return to the steamer to steam for another 10 mins(both colours).
7. Line a square tin with banana leaf
8. Add white rice onto the leaf, alternate with blue rice.
9. Add another banana leaf on top the rice and press down.
10. use some heavy weight objects to rest on top of the banana leaf
11. Let it rest for 1 hour.
12. Sliced and serve with kaya
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1