Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 am Post subject: Nasi Lemak Sambal Paste (rec n pic)
|Here is my tried and tested recipe..
300 g dried chilli(soften with water)
70g dried shrimps
20 shallots(small red onions
10 cloves of garlic
250 ml tamarind pulp juice
100 g sugar
2 pcs of Assam Kulek
300ml cooking oil
500g ikan billis(split type, no heads)
1. Deep fry ikan billis till it turns golden brown.
2. Remove, drain on paper towels. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor, blend Ingredients A till smooth.
4. Heat up the wok and add cooking oil, paste, tamarind juice, assam kulek to cook.
5. Using medium heat, stir to fry the paste. This takes about 45 minutes
6. Add sugar to mix and stir to combine.
7. Cook until the paste turns dark and dry.
8. Remove to cool and best to keep for a day.
9. Add all the ikan bilis into stir for 5 mins.
10. Let it sit for a day to absorb the flavours. Minimum to leave aside is 1 hour. The longer you leave it sitting aside, the better the flavour.
Sambal Paste can be kept in the fridge for upto 6 weeks. Stores well for over a year if you freeze it
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1