Joined: 29 Mar 2005
|Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:03 am Post subject: Roasted Peppers Stuffed(pic&rec)
|If you guys like Peppers, whatever for the color, they are all good and healthy, I'd like to share one of very simple dish for you, i got this recipe from Food network, one of my fave tv show
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
4 red bell peppers, halved through the stem, seeds and ribs removed but stem intact
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup cubed mozzarella
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Arrange peppers, cut sides up, in baking pan, and lightly oil the cut edges and stems.
4. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, red pepper flakes, mozzarella, and salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Divide mixture among peppers and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.