Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Pork Stew with Carrots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Asian Vegetables with Meat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jojong
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Pork Stew with Carrots Reply with quote

I am a novice to cooking. Only learning how to cook after I got married and have children.

This is a one-dish meal which is convenient for working mothers. My mother used to cook this for us. But my mother passed away after I gave birth to my kid. I asked around for the recipe from my sisters, my friends and my colleagues. They would tell me "you add this then you add that ......" "you "agar agar" add this amount of water...." ".....you don't need to be so exact lah". Being a novice, I was so intimidated by their cooking instruction that I have never cook this dish.

Till I came across this recipe - Delicious Airpork Stew with Carrots by Violet Onn :

Ingredients
=======
250g Airpork Boneless Pork loin
3 tblsp dark soya sauce
(not the thick type)
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tblsp Chinese yellow wine
2 tsp sugar
5 cloves garlic, pounded just to break the skin and left whole
2 tsp cornflour
2 large onions (200g)
2 carrots (200g)
1 1/2 cups water
2 tblsp Knife Cooking Oil

Method
=====
(1) Slice AIRPORK boneless pork loin against the grain and cut into thick pieces. Peel and cut carrots into fingers or wedges. Peel and cut onions into rings.

(2) Mix AIRPORK with 1 tblsp dark soya sauce, 1 tsp cornflour and the Chinese yellow wine. Marinate for 30 minutes.

(3) Heat a saucepan, add the KNIFE cooking oil and when it is hot, add the whole garlic and onions and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the AIRPORK. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.

(4) Add the water, enough to cover the AIRPORK, and then add the remaining dark soya sauce, light soya sauce and sugar.

(5) Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the carrots and remaining cornflour mixed with 2 tblsp water. Simmer for 30 minutes till the sauce is thick and the carrots and AIRPORL are tender. Turn off the heat and serve as part of a meal with steamed rice.

Note : In addition to the carrots, I also add Mushroom, fish ball and hard-boiled eggs.
Chawanmushi
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes.....I've also tried this recipe out and it's really yummy and easy to do Very Happy
babycutie
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply loves recipes by Violet Oon!! Will definitely try this out! TKs!
dianaheng01
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Chinese Yellow Wine?

Thks

Diana
Chawanmushi
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dianaheng01 wrote:
What is Chinese Yellow Wine?

Thks

Diana

It's Hua Tiao Wine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Asian Vegetables with Meat All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: