Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:47 pm Post subject: Paella in Breadcups(recipe and pic)
|a spin off from the Mini baked cups. Using Hugbear's 'formula' for it. With slight twist of ingredients and method
I use this type of ring to cut out the bread. It measures 3 inches in diameter
This is Paella with Cheese melted on top
This is Paella without Cheese but sprinkled with white Sesame Seeds
This was packed for the office.
Makes 12 pcs
half cup of cooked Seafood Paella**
6 pcs crabsticks(cut into tiny pieces)
2 tbsp Tomato sauce
12 slices of white bread
3 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
1 tbsp Salad Cream
1 tbsp dried Parsley herbs(chopped)
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
**Seafood Paella recipe is at International Rice and Pasta by Piroshok.
If not, just use sushi rice(plain)
1. Brush olive oil on each muffin cup(standard size Muffin tray)
2. Cut bread using the ring cutter.
3. Push round bread onto the muffin cup.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients except Cheese and Parsley to mix evenly.
5. Add the mix to the bread cup.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top.
7. Baked in preheated oven 200C for 5 mins or when the tops are brown or melted(for cheese)
What I did that was different from the first recipe
1. Bread cups are not baked till its crispy brown and dry.
2. I didn't flatten it with a roller pin.
3. The breadcups were baked to briefly brown the sides, tops.
4. The breadcups were evenly browned, crispy on the rounded edges but still retain its soft bread texture.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1