Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Claypot Mixed Vegetables

View previous topic :: View next topic  
puckers
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Claypot Mixed Vegetables Reply with quote

I've learnt so much from this forum I begged my sis-in-law to allow me to share with you her m-i-l's recipe for claypot vege. It's best cooked in a claypot but I've done it in a normal steel pot. Still good, except that stock is perhaps less favourful...

(Also, Gina, this is not a vegetarian dish, but I couldn't find an appropriate category for a asian vege dish, so I posted it here.)

Ingredients :
Chinese Wong Bok (or "Da Bai Cai", cut to medium sizes, separate stems away from leaves)
6 medium/big prawns with shells (separate and keep the heads)
Carrots (cut to medium pcs)
Golden Needle Mushroom (1 packet)
Tofu (if desired, big cubes)
5 Dried Mushrooms (Soak first, slice them, marinate with 1 tablespoon light soy sauce & a teaspoon of cornflour 30 min before cooking)
Roasted Pork ($3-$4, from shao la stall. Cut to thick slices)
Oyster sauce

Preparations :
1. Heat oil, add some garlic and stir-fry mushrooms over medium heat. After 3 min, add the pork slices. Stir-fry continuously till fragrant. Scoop and set aside

2. Boil slightly less than half a claypot of water. When boiling, add prawn heads and prawns, once prawns turn pink, immed remove from claypot, leave heads in for another 5 min. Put the prawns aside.

3. Remove the prawn heads, add the stems of chinese cabbage and carrots. Let it simmer for 5 min, add the leaves, roasted pork and mushrooms and simmer for another 5 min.

4. Add golden needle mushroom. Add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce into the soup. Simmer for another 5 min, taste for flavor and add if needed, more oyster sauce.

5. Once you check and deem the veges soft enuf to eat, turn off fire, add the tofu cubes and prawns, cover the claypot and leave to stand on the stove till ready to serve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Veggie Veggie All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: