Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Fish & Seaweed Porridge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
serenalim
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Fish & Seaweed Porridge Reply with quote

My 1st recipe post... Embarassed
Dare not to embarrass myself in other sections as i am still quite an amateur cook. This porridge is very well liked by my 18mth toddler who loves anything fishy. Smile

Ingredients:
1.5 chinese soup spoon of rice
300ml of water (about 1 chinese bowl)
2 chinese soup spoon of fish paste
2 inches X 2 inches dried chinese seaweed (round type)
4 leaves of chinese lettuce aka xiao bai cai

Method
Wash rice and add 300ml of water, carrot into the slower cooker. Set on high and let it cook for 2 hours.

Return in 1.5hrs and do the following:-
1.Soak the seaweed for about 10mins and drain. Use a pair of scissors to chop the seaweed.
2.Wash and mince the lettuce.
3.Add both seaweed and lettuce to the fish paste and mix.
Alternatively you may use a handheld grinder to the the above 3 steps.

Using a teaspoon, scoop off little pieces of mixture and drop into the porridge. Leave it cooking for another 15 mins.
Before serving, take out the carrot and mash it with a fork and mix it together with the porridge.

Notes
- sorry to use chinese soup spoon instead of the usual metric spoons for measuring but this is the method i've been using so far.
- i use new crop rice, find more frangant and easier to cook.
- Unsalted fish paste is available from wet market but i usually make my own using any white fish.
- I did not use any favoring to the porridge as I find that it is quite tasty as it is already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Kiddie Food All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: