Joined: 24 Nov 2005
|Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:59 pm Post subject: Pork with Salted Vegetables
|My m-i-l's recipe...
100g pork (marbled, not lean type), cut into small pieces
2 leaves salted vegetables, cut into thin strips
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 clove garlic, chopped
1. Add cornflour to pork pieces and mix to tenderize the meat 30 mins before cooking.
2. Over medium fire, stir-fry chopped garlic in some oil until about to brown.
3. Add salted vege and stir-fry for about 2-3 min. Add sugar. Continue to stir-fry for another 4-5 min until fragrant. (Stir-fry every 1-2 min esp after sugar is added to ensure no burning.)
4. Add pork slices and stir-fry quickly and continuously till meat is almost cooked. (Add a little water if too dry.)
5. Add tomato wedges and stir-fry till meat is done.
6. Feed the guinea pigs!