Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
My Ferrero Rocher Topiary and Cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Candy & Chocolate Factory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helena
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: My Ferrero Rocher Topiary and Cake Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my Ferrero Rocher Topiary that I have done during my son's baptism in Dec and a cake that I had baked for my friend's 40th birthday. Have been trying to have it downloaded but DH was too busy. Embarassed Embarassed

Not very well done but at least I have tried my best!!! Very Happy
My Ferrero Rocher Topiary

Holly for the table

Table Setting for Baptism Lunch
[img]

Birthday Cake for my friend's 40th birthday
cwl
Commis Cook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena, why you say not well done? I think everything looks gorgeous! :lol:
dewitan
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are beautiful HElena... especially the cake!
S_ter
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helena:

Absolutely gorgeous... room decor, floral arrangements (including the chocolate topiaries ~ wah two of them... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

and the lovely chocolate cake... your chinese caligraphy is very steady and firm... puts me to shame... I can only write my own name in chinese Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed and not even HouseSpouse's... :roll:

S_ter
lynn_m
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena....
I love what you've done!!!!
They look marvelous!
coxiella
Commis Cook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena, great job there! coffee
small cookie
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena, I think it is stunting. Looks great.
Helena
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you small cookie, lynn-m, s-ter,cwl, dewitan and coxellia for the kind words and encouragement. Embarassed Embarassed

A lot of mishaps during the preparations of the Topiary. :roll: I had actually wanted to make a few different chocolate truffles to be attached to it but no time with two kids. So cheated with the rocher chocolates. Most of the decors you see here are from the garden. THe holly is from the forest near us. plates and glasses from our wedding gifts.

Table setup done by up DH. He loves to do table settings

S-ter: need 2 topiaries because there are 7 kids and 12 or 13 adults. It's to accompany our coffee. And as for my chinese caligraphy, I can only write well on a cake but not on a piece of paper. anyway, it was supposed to be a surprised and I wrote her name wrongly as I got them from the internet forum that another friend subscribe to. But my friend was very touched that the group of girls here had planned for her birthday.

dewitan thanks for your encouragement. the cake is make with ground almond and chocolate and no flour. I like it because then I don't hv to do any trimmings. save time. you see, I'm very lazy and am always looking for shortcut.

Angie: Thanks but I still have a lot more to learn from you and from everyone at KC Very Happy I just love looking at your creations

cwl: think I said it's not very well done cause I was hoping it turned into something else :roll: also initially very shy to show this but DH said why not just post it and just share with others. Anyway, we are always trying to economise wherever we can during a party. Not on food but on decors and with the access we have to the forest and gardens..... hmmmm

trying to ask my dh to download pics for me for my birthday lunch which took place last sunday. only problem is he can only download it in his office so hopefully he can do it during this wkend. it's asian food served western style. economise heheheeheheee :twisted:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Candy & Chocolate Factory All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: