Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Easy Baked Cheesecake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wink
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Easy Baked Cheesecake Reply with quote

Baked Cheesecake (Easy)
This one is super easy which I got it from Philadelphia cheese cover long time ago.

3 steps Cheesecake

Mix 2 pkg (8 oz each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup sugar (fr original recipe, I find it too sweet, u may want to reduce the amount), and 1/2 tsp vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 2 eggs, mix till even.

Pour into 1 ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust (9") (can get fr Cold storage or else prepare your own see Recipe below)

Bake at 160 deg in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until centre is almost set.

Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

Cheesecake Base
10pcs Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)
60g Butter

Method:
Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press and flatten into
a lined springform cake pan. Chill in the fridge for at least
half an hour.
beancurd
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hw long the cake can be kept?
wink
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would finish the cake by the 2nd day but I guess you can keep it to 3-4 days if you have no fresh fruits topping on the cheesecake.
beesidhu
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: cheese cake! Reply with quote

Hi ....just one thing ...u mean freeze the base and then pour the rest and bake ???? not too sure how that one will work ?? island if i wanna use one packet of cheese how much sugar ?
wink
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: cheese cake! Reply with quote

beesidhu wrote:
Hi ....just one thing ...u mean freeze the base and then pour the rest and bake ???? not too sure how that one will work ?? island if i wanna use one packet of cheese how much sugar ?

yes, freeze the base and once it's harden just pour the cream cheese and bake. To use 1 pkt (8 oz) cream cheese will be 30ml sugar (6 tsp)
beancurd
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wink wrote:
I would finish the cake by the 2nd day but I guess you can keep it to 3-4 days if you have no fresh fruits topping on the cheesecake.

Ok thanks
Chawanmushi
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wink
Managed to bake the cheesecake this week....can't eat too much of it ...very jelak :lol:

Karrine
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can do this without mixer?
Where can I get the graham? Which part of supermarket?
beesidhu
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Easy bake cheese cake Reply with quote

Hi Wink i am just a looser when it comes to doing cheese cake ....but want to get it right i am going to try yours looks simple ...one problem i dont have a springform cake tin island so how do u think i should do it ??? i want to use only one block of cream cheese have wasted many before love u
thanks again ...and wish me luck
God Bless
Karrine
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can use aluminium foil cake pan instead, I don't have springform too.
noonoo
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karrine wrote:
Can use aluminium foil cake pan instead, I don't have spring form too.

Off course you can use what ever you like, but the presentation of the cake will not be as good as using a proper heavy gauge cake tin. Spring form cake tin is not expensive and it will last for very long time.

Cooking time should be different if you use aluminium foil container. Aluminium foil container is not suitable for baking cakes, this feather weight material has very poor heat distribution, and cakes will brown / overcook/ create hot spots too fast and leads to drier mouth feel.

Last edited by noonoo on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
wink
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karrine wrote:

This works well with a mixer to have a smooth cheese texture. Ready made graham can be found in Cold Storage from the baking section.
wink
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Easy bake cheese cake Reply with quote

beesidhu wrote:
Hi Wink i am just a looser when it comes to doing cheese cake ....but want to get it right i am going to try yours looks simple ...one problem i dont have a springform cake tin island so how do u think i should do it ??? i want to use only one block of cream cheese have wasted many before love u
thanks again ...and wish me luck
God Bless

My suggestion for 1 block of cheese, you may consider filling in the cheese into small aluminium cups and method will be the same. Take note to cut down the ingredients by half and shorten baking time.
Karrine
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I baked this yesterday. It turns out better than what I expected, as I thought it won't work. I did it using a mixer, as I do it at my mum's place.
It tasted abit sourish, as I added a tbsp of lemon juice? Is it too much or the philadelphia cream cheese tasted sourish?
And I encountered problems with my ready crust graham too. I thought it was a hard crust so I took the crust out from the foil pan who knows.....the crust was all scattered on the floor.......it was SOFT crust.....gosh, so I had to make my own oreo crust.....It was not bad, just a litter wetter.....could it be too much butter?
I baked it at 1 hr as it still looks soft at 40 mins......
It tasted better this morning, as it's more firm up. Overall, it was a good try for my 1st cheesecake. Real simple.
Anyway to make it taste even better? Can add 2 tbsp of condense milk?
Karrine
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to mix some oreo bits into the cheese mixture before baking?
Or it's not advisable to do so?
I would like to do this again....this is the only cheesecake I did that's successful, but not very beautiful though.
Karrine
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this again yesterday, but added oreo bits into the cheese batter & baked for 40 mins & I used a 9'' springform pan. It was successful & it tasted nice too. Only thing it was too short, maybe becos' the pan was 9''?
I didn't do the base, wanted to try without base, as I read somewhere that cheesecake need not necessary have a base.
I didn't use digital camera to take the picture, but only my hp.
I lined the pan with cake wrap that I got from PH, n I have no problem in removing the cake.
Thanks Florence for your advise.
Will try out your no-bake cheesecake soon.
Wendy Wong
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it normal that the satay stick comes out 'wet' after baking @ 160 degrees for 40 mins? I'm using an aluminium foil pan.
Reena
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Easy Baked Cheesecake Reply with quote

Eh... what vanilla?

wink wrote:
Mix 2 pkg (8 oz each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup sugar (fr original recipe, I find it too sweet, u may want to reduce the amount), and 1/2 tsp vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 2 eggs, mix till even.
cwl
Commis Cook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Easy Baked Cheesecake Reply with quote

Reena wrote:
Eh... what vanilla?

wink wrote:

Reena, vanilla extract most probably.
Vivien
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Easy Baked Cheesecake Reply with quote

wink wrote:
Add 2 eggs, mix till even.

Do I just add the eggs in and mix or have to beat with mixer? TIA.
lutein
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy Wong wrote:
Is it normal that the satay stick comes out 'wet' after baking @ 160 degrees for 40 mins? I'm using an aluminium foil pan.

Actually you're not supposed to test the cheesecake for doneness this way! Cheesecakes are actually a custard so it's not the same as flour-based cakes! A cheesecake that's done will have a centre that wobbles, but the sides should be rather firm. The centre will wobble as a "solid" piece.

Use a long wooden spoon to tap the side of the cake to test. Try not to move the cake too much when it's still hot or cracks may result.

Best is to stick to the recipe time.
lutein
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wink wrote:
Karrine wrote:

This works well with a mixer to have a smooth cheese texture. Ready made graham can be found in Cold Storage from the baking section.

I have made cheesecakes by hand before and it's quite tiring to beat the cream cheese till smooth. Best to have a mixer but don't overbeat the cheese or else the cake may collapse!

I got a blood blister from the last time I made a cheesecake.
lutein
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Easy Baked Cheesecake Reply with quote

Vivien wrote:
wink wrote:
Add 2 eggs, mix till even.

Do I just add the eggs in and mix or have to beat with mixer? TIA.

Mix gently by hand because you don't want to introduce too much air into the mixture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Say Cheese! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: