Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Quick and easy seasoning for pasta/spaghetti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> International Rice & Pasta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanmum
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Quick and easy seasoning for pasta/spaghetti Reply with quote

A friend told me about this very simple seasoning and I like it very much. Quick and easy and appetizing. Ds loves it too!

1. Olive oil (the amount depends on how much pasta and ingredient). for two person's portion, I add 2-3 tablespoon of OL.
2. crushed garlic (1 or 2 clove)
3. teriyaki sauce (according to your taste bud). Can use soy sauce or a dash of salt if you do not hv teriyaki sauce.

You can use whatever pasta and ingredient to your delight and then just toss the above together with the cooked ingredient on low fire to mix well.
Optional - sprinkle basil leaves or marjoram leaves
zermatt-gal
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Pai seh. I always eat my spagheti outside home cos I do not know how to boil the spagheti. Embarassed Embarassed I tried once but it seems uncooked! Embarassed
xiaoduzhi
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dun u try taking out a strand of spaghetti to try after, say 15minutes of cooking? I always do this.. Or I throw a strand of spaghetti on the wall, if it sticks, then cooked liao.. :lol:

However, the duration of cooking varies with the type of pasta used.. Generally, once the pasta is cooked, I will drain and wash the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process.. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> International Rice & Pasta All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: