Joined: 16 Apr 2006
|Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:15 pm Post subject: Butter Fried Rice
|My very first recipe..
Ingredients (I used agaration):
Cooked Rice - 2 small bowls (I used overnight rice)
Butter - about 30g (I used ACS salted butter)
Bacon or ham - a few pieces
Garlic - 2 cloves
1. Cut the bacon or ham into bits.
2. Mince the garlic coarsely.
3. Heat up the wok.
4. Place the butter into the wok.
5. Fry the garlic in the melted butter for about 20 to 30 seconds or till fragrant.
6. Put in the bacon or ham bits. Stir-fry for a while.
7. Place the rice into the wok. Stir to mix the rice with the butter evenly for about a minute.
8. Dish up and serve hot.
Alternatively, can also add an egg into the rice.
According to my hubby, it taste not bad (means edible only, I guess) and he actually finished every morsel so I did not get a chance to taste. And he mentioned that this rice is good enough to eat on its' own though I feel that it's more like a side dish..
Cooking is an art...