Joined: 14 Apr 2006
|Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 pm Post subject: SALMON RECIPES
|Posting this here because I gather it's the most appropriate drawer.
(THIS RECIPE SHOWS YOU WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SALMON HEAD AFTER YOU USE THE FILLETS FOR DOING CURED CORIANDER SALMON)
Apple and Salmon Fish Head Soup
1 large salmon fish head, gills removed
1 salmon tail, scaled and backbone sections
2 large green apples, cored and quartered
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
6 thin slices old ginger
1. Fry ginger slices in a little oil. Add salmon head and bones brown over high heat to seal the meat.
2. Add cherry tomatoes to pan. Toss to sear.
3. Add 2 litres water and when it comes to a boil, add apple chunks.
4. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes or until soup turns milky and favours mellow. Serve hot.
Salmon Salad with Hot Sesame Dressing
300 g cured salmon, thinly sliced
1 large head butter lettuce, well chilled
200 g cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 large green apple, cut into strips
1 large tablespoon sesame oil
1 large teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or Zhejiang black vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1. Rinse the lettuce and slice off the bottom so leaves separate easily. Place the lettuce on a large salad platter and spread it out to form a green base.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss salmon slices, apple strips and cherry tomatoes together.
3. Pile salmon mix onto the centre of the lettuce.
4. Place all dressing ingredients except sesame seeds into a small pan. Heat and stir well to melt the honey and incorporate the vinegar and sesame oil. Pour over salad. Garnish with toasted sesame.
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.