Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:47 pm Post subject: Bacadi Breezer Duck(recipe n pic)
|this is more like Fusion. Coz I use the red fermented bean curd to marinate the duck first. then later using a bottle of Bacadi Breezer(Orange) to marinate the 2nd time. Meaning this a nice orangey flavour, sweet tender duck.
oops..typo error on the photo..
its not complicated, only time consuming as duck meat is pretty tough.
this is how the Bacadi Breezer look like. This pic shows the Peach flavour. But I bought the orange flavour. Easily found in Supermarkets, under the wine section.
half a duck(washed, cleaned, removed web feet, neck)
1 pc Chinese Red fermented bean curd
1 bottle of Barcadi Breezer(orange flavour)
1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Marinate the duck with fermented bean curd.
2. Place on a deep dish and steamed over high heat for 30 mins
3. Remove and let it cool.
4. Pour Barcadi over it and leave it to marinate for 3 hours. Turning over every hour or so.
5. Preheat oven at 200C
6. Brush the maple syrup mixed with sesame seeds all over the skin of the duck.
7. Grill in the oven for 15 to 20 mins till skin is golden brown.
8. Leave it inside the oven for a further 10 mins before removing.
9. Cut into smaller pieces and drizzle sauce over it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1