Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Japanese Egg Cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Betty
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Japanese Egg Cake Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to Kitchen Capers. I love this website which provides a lot of information. So I'd like to share with you on one healthy and simple cake.

Egg Cake

2 L size eggs
70g Caster Sugar
70g Bread flour
1 big spoon Honey
1 big spoon Warm water
1 small spoon Brandy (optional)

1. Mix eggs and sugar and whip with electric mixer until it gets hard. (can stand by itself) (high speed for 10-15 minutes)
2. Dilute honey with warm water and add it into whipped eggs and stir for a while.
3. Add sift flour and mix well by electronic mixer until the platter is smooth (low speed)
4. Bake until it is brown color
5. wrap cake with foil paper immediately and put into a container in order to keep the moisture inside of the cake
lynn_m
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Betty,
I don't understand step 5.
you mean to say.. once we took the cake out from the oven.. quickly wrap it with aluminium foil? then put in what container?
Betty
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Japanese egg cake Reply with quote

Hi Lynn; I'm sooooooooo sorry that I just read your message, because I was very tight up with my son's year end exam.
the container I mentioned is any kind of container as long as it can hold the cake, the purpose is to hold the moisture inside the cake. I hope this is still helpful to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: