Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:55 am Post subject: Pasta with Carbonara sauce
|I made this using Campbell's soup. Not the traditional way of making it though. I use this method because its less creamy, more healthy.
see that my mushrooms are the canned ones. you can use fresh mushrooms if you like. the recipe below is about using fresh mushrooms. as it bring out the flavour better.
1 can of Campbell's cream of mushroom
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of chopped garlic
4 pcs streaky bacon
10 pcs button mushrooms(sliced thinly)
1 tbsp butter
salt to taste
pinch of parsley herbs(fresh)
3 bowls of cooked pasta
1. heat up pan with olive oil and add bacon to pan fry till browned.
2. Remove to cool and chopped. Set aside.
3. heat up pan again with butter and add garlic to saute till fragrant.
4. add fresh mushrooms to fry.
5. Add soup base, water and stir quickly to disperse it.
6. Add salt to taste. Add herbs and stir to mix.
7. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and serve with chopped bacon on top.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1