Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:55 am Post subject: Vegetarian Lo-Hei(Toss Fish!)
|I cooked this for my Mother-in-law. As each year she would 'Lo Hei' with us but cannot eat the dish as it had Salmon/abalone/jellyfish in it. So I made a Vegetarian version just for her and this year, we Lo Hei with her instead and eat it too.
she was all smiles, and felt very 'prosperous"
Serves 12 persons
1 box of Lo Hei ingredients(you can get this from the Supermarket)
2 large potatoes(shredded)
1 bundle of Tang Hoon/Glass noodles
2 Japanese Cucumbers with skin on(shredded)
1. Deep fry shredded Yam, Pumpkin, Potatoes and Tang Hoon till crispy. Set aside to drain excess oil on paper towels.
2. Crush crispy Glass noodles into smaller bits.
3. Use a large plate and line with aluminium foil.
4. Paste a Good Luck(CNY) sticker in the centre of the foil.
5. Top it a piece of plastic sheet that has red dots on it(if not, just a plain
cellophane plastic is fine too)
6. Make a ring of shredded carrots
7. Add a Golden Nest(either made of Yam or Potatoes..optional) in the centre.
8. Add all the crispy ingredients in the nest.
9. Finally sprinkle each of the boxed ingredients on top(pickles, peanuts, sesame seeds, etc)
10. To serve, pour Plum Sauce, Pepper, Cinnamon powder on top..
11. Serve ...!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1