Joined: 29 Apr 2007
|Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:03 pm Post subject: Bittergourd with Bean Paste Using Thermal Pot
|I notice there are very few sharings on cooking using thermal pot. It would be nice if more of us can share other dishes using thermal pot so that we could learn from each other.
Here is my contribution:
This is a very common dish & i'm sure it is nothing new to many of you. But i must share that i cook this recently using my tiger thermal pot & it is so easy, like 10 minutes' of cooking that's all. We just love the tenderness of the meat.
- 4 boneless & skinless chicken thighs or you may use chicken parts
(you may use pork or beef - cook 10 minutes longer over the fire if you are using pork or beef)
- 2 big bittergourds (cut to thickness of 2 - 3 cm)
- 300 gm of sea cucumber (may omit if you don't like sea cucumber)
- 1 big can of button mushrooms
- 8 - 10 chinese mushroom (soak & cut to into halves or quarters)
- 150 gm corriander (wash & cut to 1 - 2 cm long)
- 8 chilli padies (may omit)
- 8 big cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 8 slices of ginger
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Seasoning (mix together)
- 1 tablespoon of black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of plum sauce (may add more if you prefer it sweeter)
- freshly milled black pepper or you may minced peppercorns
- corn starch (to be added before serving)
- rice wine (to be added before serving if desired)
Using the thermal pot, fry the garlic & ginger with cooking oil till fragrant but not burn.
Add in the chinese mushrooms & meat. Fry for 5 minutes then add in the bittergourd & button mushrooms.
Add in the seasoning. Add enough stock or water to cover. Cook for 10 minutes (chicken) 20 minutes (pork or beef).
Transfer the pot of ingredients inside the vacuum cooker.
You may let it sit in there for 2 - 4 hours.
Thicken with corn starch before serving.
Top with corriander & chilli before you serve.
Serve with white rice.