Joined: 29 Apr 2007
|Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm Post subject: Ladies' Fingers with minced meat, prawns ..........
|Have been cooking this one dish meal for the past few months. I did not introduce ladies' fingers to my kids (7 & 4.5 yrs old) earlier as I thought they may not like but surprisingly, they do.
This dish is very easy & goes well with rice:
What you need:
- ladies fingers - wash thoroughly & cut to parts of abt 2cm ($1.20 - sorry don't know the weight as I usually buy between $1.20 to $1.50)
- 2 rice bowls of stock or water
- 1 chiciken breast meat or pork or beef (minced)
- 300 gm of grey prawns (remove shells & devine)
- sea cucumber (blanch it first) (optional)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- cut chilli padies (optional)
- In a wok, bring the stock or water to boil, then add the ladies' fingers & minced meat. Cover & let it cook for 8 - 10 minutes (if you like ladies fingers softer, then cook longer).
- add in prawns, sea cucumber, add eggs slowly then oyster sauce & cornstarch.
- top with chilli padies if you like
- ready to serve 4 - 6 people
p/s if you like it spicy, you may add in balachant or chilli sauce too