Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Location: Simei, Singapore
|Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:36 pm Post subject: Bittergourd with Pork Belly
250g Pork Belly. cut into chewable size
1 Bittergourd. sliced thinly
Light Soy Sauce
If you do not like the bitterness from the bittergourd, you may apply salt to the bittergourd after de-seeding. Soak the bittergourd in the salt (before slicing) for an hour or overnight.
(1) Fry the garlic until it is fragrant
(2) Fry the pork belly until the skin is slightly crispy
(3) Add the bittergourd and fry
(4) Cover and simmer for awhile
(5) Add sugar (own estimation, if you like it sweeter, you may add more.)
(6) Add light soy sauce
I hope you will like this dish.