Joined: 12 Sep 2004
|Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:49 pm Post subject: Recipe: Tofu Scramble (tastes almost like the real thing!)
|Okay for those of you who are craving for eggs, try this recipe! I tried tofu scramble for the first time at Real Food Daily (Mohd Sultan Road). Basically, it's just tofu scrambled with some veggies! It looked easy to make (and cheap too), so I searched the web for some recipes.
Most of the recipes available are similar (I mean the steps). The differences lie in the seasoning, as well as the veggies you fry the scramble with. I'm pretty flexible with my recipes so I'll just recite how I make mine, with several possible variations (optional means you can include, or substitute):
1 packet tofu (use firm)
Mushrooms - optional
Chopped spinach - optional (I've used asparagus before. You can also use brocolli)
Diced tomato - optional
Others - corn, long bean, beansprouts... (use your imagination!)
Miso paste -1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-to taste (1/2 teaspoon should be alright; you're adding for the colour and some flavour)
Onions & garlic - optional
Soya sauce (I use Bragg's amino acids)
(wait for 1 hour to pass)
- Season tofu by mashing it, adding all seasoning and leaving it aside (in the fridge) for 1 hour at least
Delicious with garlic bread.
- In pan, fry garlic and onion, then add mushrooms, spinach and tomato.
- Add tofu mixture and just mix it around
- Depending on the type of tofu you use, the mixture will be very watery! (I used silken tofu before)
- Mix mix mix until the water dries up