Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:00 am Post subject: Vegetarian popiah(recipe)
|This recipe is created solely for my MIL who is a staunch Buddhist vegetarian. So there are no garlic, onions, bamboo shoots or any meat or meat by-products.
Recipe yields for 15 persons
Ingredients for the fillings
3 pcs Carrot(shred)
300g French Beans(shredded)
4 pcs Firm Bean curd(cut into thin long strips)
50g dried black fungus(soak in water, then shred)
1 packet of Tau Kee(fried bean curd sticks)
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 packet of Square Spring Roll skin(50 sheets per pack)
Method for Fillings
1. Heat up wok with 100ml corn oil.
2. Add bean curd strips to fry till slightly firm and brown. Dish out and set aside.
3. add Tau kee and briefly fry to crisp it up. Remove and drained.
4. Keep half of the oil, use the remaining to fry the vegetables.
5. Start with ginger to saute then add black fungus.
6. Add french beans, turnip, carrots and cabbage.
7. Add water if its too dry. About half a cup.
8. Add seasoning and stir fry till its cooked(soft).
9. Remove and keep warm in a casserole pot.
Ingredients for Chilli Sauce
100g red chilli
50g chilli padi
juice from 2 small limes
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Wed May 14, 2008 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total