Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 am Post subject: Butter Prawns(recipe n pic)
|A recipe I created in 2004 after many ask me to teach them during my cooking classes. Here's my version and the one I use for my classes too.
I didn't use cereal but bread crumbs(the Japanese version). You can use instant oats for this.
15 pcs of Tiger Prawns
1 cup of curry leaves(discard stalks/stems)
60 g butter(salted)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1. Add melted butter in a small bowl.
2. add bread crumbs to it and coat evenly. Add prawns to coat.
3. add salt to mix
4. In a wok filled with oil, deep fry curry leaves till crispy(about 30 secs). Strain and placed on plate. Note : it will sizzle and pop.
5. Next, add prawns, buttered bread crumbs to deep fry for 5 minutes.
6. Remove prawns and arrange on curry leaves.
7. Scoop/strained butter bread crumbs on top of prawns.
Serve hot..smells great..yummy!
You must use big black tiger prawns for this recipe. Due to the deep frying method used. The hard shells of the tiger prawns will retain in shape after deep frying.
Grey prawns have softer shell and its good for stir fry or steaming.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1