Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:32 pm Post subject: Swedish Meatballs in Creamy sauce(rec n pic)
500g minced beef
2 red tomatoes, diced
1 white onion, diced
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
200ml Thickened cream(I use Bulla brand)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 white onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
dash of Sage powder
dash of Rosemary leaves(dried)
300ml of water
1 can of button mushrooms, sliced, discard water
1 packet of spaghetti noodles, cook and drained.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add beef, onions, tomatoes, tomato ketcup to mix evenly.
2. Wet your hands and scoop a tbsp to roll into a ball.
3. Heat up a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Carefully place each beef ball on it and turn heat to low. Pan fry for 5 mins, roll over to cook evenly.
5. Remove to drain on paper towels.
6. In a deep casserole, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil and add onions to saute till soft and fragrant
7. Add cream and soup base, water, herbs and stir till creamy.
8. Add mushrooms to cook.
9. When it starts to boil, turn off fire.
Add noodles on a plate. Top with meatballs, pour creamy sauce over it.
I have added some sweet corn kernels into the creamy sauce too.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1