Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Japanese Cheese Cake(recipe and pic by Small Cookie)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reena
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sliced a pc and tasted it. Can't taste any cream cheese and it has a very eggie taste. Don't know like that?? Will add more cream cheese next time but what can I do with the eggie taste????

Hi Mel,
Yes, used cookie cutter to chop on the cake. Going to give my DD a surprise when she have this for breakfast Wink
Reena
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the insde. Like Mel's, the bottom is a little dense (probably 1/10 of the whole cake) but otherwise, it taste nice. The eggie taste seems to be gone after chilling it in the fridge.

I don't understand why the has 2 layers (can see from pic). Is it because the side sank?

sspaks
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I baked this cheesecake yesterday. It was moist, soft and delicious. But I would like to improve on it. My top crack though i was careful to whip till soft peaks. I baked at 150C on the 2nd shelf from the bottom ( ie 1 shelf below the middle shelf ) for 1 hour 10mins.
1) should i have used the lowest shelf?
2) i left the cake in the oven ( door closed ) for 10 mins. Then removed it from the oven to cool.
Question : Do i remove the cake tin onto a wire rack to cool down completely b4 removing it out of the cake tin? OR
Do i leave the cake tin in the water in the roasting pan?
lutein
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) My top didn't crack but it was a bit crusty. I also used one level below the middle. If I were to bake it again I would try a lower shelf.

2) Remove the cake from the water pan carefully and cool on wire rack. To be even safer, I put it into the fridge overnight.
sspaks
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried baking this cheesecake again today - at 140C at the 2nd lowest shelf for 1 hr 30 mins. My oven has 5 shelves. The middle is the 3rd shelf. ( Previously i had baked at 150C on the 2nd lowest shelf for 1 hr 20 mins - my top of cake cracked badly ). This time, the cake looks great and had a nice height. After baking, I left the cake in its tin in the water bath in the oven ( door closed ) for 10 mins. Then i removed from the oven, lifted out the springform tin + remove cake from its base to the wire rack, and left to cool 1 hour. Later - I noticed the height seems to have shrunk a little but still looked decent height. Then chill in fridge, 2 hours later - i tried to cut it and to my horror - the cake cannot be cut nicely, crumbles!! Help! Please advise :
1) should i have left the baked cake in the oven for 10 mins ( door closed), then open oven door ajar and leave cake in oven another 50 mins. ( to prevent cake's height ftom falling )
2) I dunno y my cake is crumbly
Reirei
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baked mini cheesecakes in cups on National day as I was quite free... adjusted my oven to 170 deg.C and baking time to 35 mins... texture was great... but sis commented that can't really taste the cheese... maybe it was too small... my daughter loves it though... ate 5 or 6 at 1 go... Very Happy

cindylimsk
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reirei, did you water bake your mini cheese cake thank.
Reirei
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cindy, yup. I did immerse the bottom in a water bath. But be forewarned, I baked this size as my oven is small and I usually bake 1/2 recipe when I am trying out something new. There was quite abit of shrinkage after cooling. Have to pop in several pieces to get a mouthful. Haha. Mr. Green
yoan
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for receipe. This my first time bake JCC look yummy & nice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried this amended recipe and it worked for me as I preferred a lighter cheese flavour.
Baked Japanese Lemon cheesecake
Makes 2 tins: One 7
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you get this amended recipe from? please quote the original author/website name.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Alex Goh's featherlight cheesecake recipe but didn't add chocolate paste in it. Instead,I added lemon juice to the recipe.I accidentally added 100g butter instead of 40g butter!Fortunately, the cake turned out quite well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Say Cheese! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: