Joined: 19 Aug 2007
|Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:06 pm Post subject: FRIED GRASS PRAWNS IN MARMITE SAUCE
|Cooked this for Chinese New Year at my grandparents place. Got this recipe from Pearl Magazine (dont know which edition).
Fried Grass Prawns in Marmite Sauce (I use Chicken instead)
700 gm fresh grass prawns (can substitute with tiger prawns) or Chicken like I did.
20 gm of garlic, peeled and chopped
20 gm of shallots, peeled and chopped
Oil for deep frying.
3 gm of marmite sauce (I added more, but no exact amount cause I agak agak)
80 gm of rock sugar
40 gm of tomato sauce
30 gm of honey
10 gm of fish sauce
1. Clean prawns and trim feelers, leaving shell and head intact.
2. Heat oil and deep fry prawns till golden brown.
3. Set aside to drain on kitchen towel.
4. In a small container, mix together sauce ingredients until well blended.
5. Stir fry garlic and shallots in a little hot oil until fragrant.
6. Add in sauce mixture and stir fry for a few minutes.
7. Add in prawns and continue stirring until prawns are well coated.
8. Dish up and serve while hot.