Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Tiramisu Cake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanie
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Tiramisu Cake Reply with quote

Working my way through some of my cookbooks. Here's a Tiramisu Cake I made from "The Cake Book" by Tish Boyle. Halved the recipe & made only 1 layer instead of 2, since this was just a trial. Turned out pretty good, considering my oven has been acting up. I was expecting the cake to be more tender & taller but I know it has to do with my oven not mainting its heat. Also made Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken. Now that exceeded my expectations, tasted just like Olive Garden's! (Trying to go all Italian with dinner.)

Here's how its suppose to look if I made the full recipe (picture from book)

Will post the recipe later if anybody's interested. Have to drive my girls to dance class.
Lanie
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: recip2 Reply with quote

Here's the full recipe for the Tiramisu Cake

syrup:
1 cup hot strong coffee
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

mascarpone cream:
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbs. water
1 lb. mascarpone cheese (I used cream cheese)
3 tbs. rum
1 1/2 tsp. powdered gelatin
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

genoise cake baked in 2 9 in. round pans

1. Make syrup by mixing everything. Set aside.
2. Make mascarpone cream: Whisk egg yolks, sugar & water on a bowl over a pot of simmering water until mixture thickens and is hot to touch. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
3.Beat mascarpone cheese until creamy. Gradually beat in cooled egg yolk mixture until blended.
4.Mix rum and gelatin in a cup over a pan of simmering water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Whisk warm gelatin into mascarpone until blended.
5. Beat whipping cream with vanilla until soft peak. Gently fold in with mascarpone mixture.

Assembly:
1. Brush top and bottom of 1 cake round with syrup, place inside a spring form pan. Spread with half of mascarpone mixture.
2. Brush top and bottom of 2nd cake round with syrup & place on top of cheese mixture. Spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top and chill.

May sprinkle cocoa on top if desired.
honey_bun
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lanie,

Made this cake for my own birthday last weekend. It was very nice and I made using full recipe. Thanks for posting this recipe. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Say Cheese! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: