Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Rice Pasta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> oodles of Noodles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjs
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Rice Pasta Reply with quote

I'm hoping Gina (or someone) can help me out with a product I bought the other day. 100% Rice Pasta. It's touted as being gluten free, which I'm not that interested in, just thought it would be interesting to try another type of pasta. It's shaped similar to campanelle pasta.

I'm wondering if rice pasta will be so deliicate it would be better used with an Asian type sauce as opposed to a heavier Italian sauce (not that all Italian sauces are heavy... ). Anyone have ay ideas for me?

Thanks.
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jean

I guess the shape of it may define if it can go with heavy sauces. I don't get to see Rice pasta being sold here in Singapore. Maybe because rice noodles are readily available here all the time.

But if I can get some here, I'll do a good Thai version of Spicy and sour salad with it or maybe have it stir fry with some shrimps, spring onions , chopped garlic and a hint of Tabasco sauce just to heighten the flavour of the plain old rice pasta.

yummy

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
cjs
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gina - "Thai version of Spicy and sour salad" - doesn't that sound good. Well, I'm off to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> oodles of Noodles All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: