Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:12 am Post subject: Strawberry Wine(rec n pic)
|Can be quite alcoholic..drink it when its icy cold. And please DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!
Picture of wine made by chopping up the strawberries
Picture of wine made by slicing up the strawberries
My Verdict :
I prefer the chopped up fruits to make wine. Because:
1. The wine colour is more RED, smells like Strawberries and tastes sweet naturally and strawberry is very evident.
2. The 2nd pic, the wine is more pink, very acidic with a bit of gas like drinking 7 Up or Coke. Strawberry flavour totally lost, smell of Strawberry completely gone. I will use this for marinating meats instead.
500g fresh strawberries, leaves, stalk discarded, chopped finely
1. Wash, clean, cut and discard the leaves, stalks. Chop finely.
2. In a big bowl, add strawberries mixed with sugar..toss like salad
3. Put the contents in a glass jar, tighten the cover.
4. Leave it aside for 7 days. Loosen the cover every alternate day.
5. Every day you should see some bubbles building up in the jar. It should smell of wine and not mouldy.
6. After the 7th day, you can open the jar, sieve out the wine.
I use the strawberries to bake a cake. The cake smells great and it does not have a hint of the wine at all.
7. Harvested wine should be kept in the fridge. Drink it cold with ice.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total