Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Yellow Wine(rec n pic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Wine Making at Home!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Yellow Wine(rec n pic) Reply with quote

This is my experimental wine. Something I read on the NET that its quite impossible to make at home : Chinese Yellow Wine. Due to our home kitchen/environment, its not condusive to make this at home.

Through a series of trial and errors, I finally made my first bottle of yellow wine...

Chinese Yellow Wine(its half full..coz have been using it for cooking!)

Please refer to Making Rice Wine topics on how to make Chinese Rice wine

http://forum.kitchencapers.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10629

So here it is...there is no real special recipe. Its actually Bai Mi jiu aka Chinese rice wine that is left out to ferment and AGE...Its trying to get it to age at the right temperature that make the good yellow wine vintage wine or very expensive wine.

My yellow wine took 6 months to ferment. I had to babysit a bottle of wine by moving it back and forth after checking the temperature to make sure its nicely cooled and dry.

the best temperature will be between 26C to 28C. The bottle must be tighten with a cover, not cork. Every month, you need to open the cover slightly to release gas from inside.

After 6 months, you will be rewarded with a wine that has turn yellow and rich with flavour. The taste is sweet and very fragrant.

its very time consuming to make this. But its very rewarding.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1

Last edited by Gina on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
small cookie
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done. Now you can start a winery at home. Can wait to see your recipes using this wine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Wine Making at Home! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: