Joined: 03 Mar 2009
|Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 am Post subject: Fried Rice with Boston beans and Fried Egg
|Yesterday I experimented with a new style of fried rice that is based predominantly on yellow bean paste instead of the typical soy sauce mix. It is cooked with beans and topped with a fried egg. Very economical and easy to make for student budgets! Also very yummy.
Ingredients: (for 1 portion)
3 cloves garlic
4-5 dried shrimp
10-15 Boston beans
1.5 tbsp of yellow bean paste (Lee Kum Kee brand)
dash of fish sauce
dash of kecap manis
dash of paprika (powder form)
Cooked Rice- best to use overnight rice (around half a cup)
Finely dice garlic and shallot
Soak dried shrimp for 5 mins in hot water
Dice Boston beans into 1cm long pieces
1. Add oil in wok. When hot, stir fry garlic and shallot
2. When fragrant, add in dried shrimp
3. When fragrant, add in yellow bean paste, and immediately follow with Boston beans.
4. Stir-fry beans for around 5 mins until it is cooked and well-covered with yellow bean paste.
5. Add in rice and stir well. Add a dash of fish sauce.
5. After 5 minutes, scoop rice and beans out onto a plate.
6. Add a tbsp of oil into the wok.
7. Crack an egg into the wok and fry it.
8. Scoop egg onto the top of the rice. Add a dash of paprika and a few squirts of kecap manis onto the egg.
I will try to add a picture if I do it again soon.